SEA-TVET Teacher Exchange Programme 1st Batch: July - December 2020
Due to the growing concerns over the COVID-19, the SEAMEO Secretariat regrets to inform everyone that all scheduled activities related to the SEA-TVET Exchange Programme scheduled for March to June 2020 will be postponed due to the threat posed by COVID-19 to our region, students and teachers. (SEAMEO Announcement)
The 5th High Officials Meeting on SEA-TVET, held on 9-10 September 2019 in Brunei Darussalam suggested to optimise the collaboration of TVET institutions in the SEA-TVET Network by expanding the student mobility to the areas of Teacher Development/ Exchange; and Research and Development.
The 1st batch of the SEA-TVET Teacher Exchange Programme was agreed at the 6th SEAMEO Polytechnic Network Meeting on 17-18 October 2019 in Da Nang City, hosted by Duy Tan University, Vietnam. During the meeting, the Letter of Agreement of the 1st Batch of SEA-TVET Teacher Exchange Programme was signed by 58 institutions from 4 member countries, namely Indonesia, Philippines, Thailand, and Vietnam.
The objectives of the SEA-TVET Teacher Exchange Programme are as follows:
1) To provide professional development and cultivate the culture of sharing among TVET teachers in Southeast Asia.
2) To create a sustainable collaboration and partnership among polytechnics and TVET colleges/institutions/universities in Southeast Asia.
B. Implementation Process
1) The agreement will be implemented in a reciprocal way.
2) The 1st batch of the SEA-TVET Teacher Exchange will be applied for teachers/lectures who are teaching in Certificate, Diploma, Higher Diploma and Bachelor level.
3) The specialisations of teachers/lectures will be as follows, but not limited to:
· Mechatronics, Electronics, Electrical, Mechanical and Manufacturing
· Informatics/ Computer Science
· Agriculture and Food Technology
· Hospitality and Tourism
· Multimedia, communication design
· Health Science
4) The institutions will start the 1 st batch of exchange for 14 - 21 days during July - December 2020 (Postponing due to COVID-19).
5) Each participating institution should select the qualified teacher for at least 2 teachers with the same gender in equal number, but not more than 6 teachers to participate in the programme.
6) The online interview should be conducted by the Receiving Institutions to ensure the eligibility of teachers and clarify the expectation of participating teachers.
7) The activities during the exchange will be prepared by the Receiving Institution and agreed by the Sending Institution. The activities for the teacher exchange may include as follows, but not limited to:
· Industry Visit
· Consultation on Research
· Community Services
8) Participating Teachers should submit the reports to Receiving/Sending Institutions and SEAMEO at the end of exchange programme. The report consists of:
· Initiative Proposal
· Self-Evaluation Report
· Overall Project Evaluation
C. Responsibilities of Participating Institutions
The Sending Institutions will be responsible for:
· Selecting eligible teachers,
· Coordinating with SEAMEO and partners for preparation,
· Preparing travel arrangement for outbound teachers,
· Conducting pre-departure orientation for outbound teachers,
· Coordinating with Receiving Institutions for the arrangement of letter of acceptance, travel schedule, and travel preparation,
· Ensuring the important travel documents which the outbound teachers must have: 1) valid passport, 2) International health insurance, 3) health certificate, and
· Ensuring that the outbound teachers will submit the following 3 reports to SEAMEO at the end of the exchange programme: 1) Initiative Proposal, 2) Self-Evaluation Report, and 3) Overall Project Evaluation.
The Receiving Institutions will be responsible for:
· Arranging the exchange programme according to the agreed period, including orientation, class observation, actual teaching, and cultural activities,
· Coordinating with SEAMEO and partners for preparation,
· Preparing accommodations for inbound teachers,
· Preparing airport transfer for inbound teachers,
· Coordinating with Sending Institutions for the arrangement of letter of acceptance, travel schedule, and travel preparation,
· Ensuring the important travel documents which the inbound teachers must submit: 1) valid passport, 2) international health insurance, 3) health certificate, and
· Ensuring that the participating teachers will submit the following reports to SEAMEO at the end of exchange programme: 1) Initiative Proposal, 2) Self-Evaluation Report, and 3) Overall Project Evaluation.
D. Budget Responsibilities
· Participating teachers shall be responsible for 1) passport fee, 2) pocket money, and 3) health check-up (Optional)
· Sending institutions shall be responsible for 1) return airfare ticket, 2) international health and travel insurance, 4) daily allowance (optional).
· Receiving institutions shall be responsible for 1) accommodation, 2) transportation for airport transfer, 3) extra activities required by Receiving Institutions for the inbound teachers to join.
E. Participating Institutions (59 Institutions)
1. Astra Manufacturing Polytechnic
2. Ganesha University of Education
3. Technology and Business Institute of Asia Malang
4. Islamic University of Kalimantan Muhammad Arsyad Al Banjari Banjarmasin
5. PGRI University of Semarang
6. Polyteknik Manufaktur Negeri Bangka Belitung
7. Politeknik Negeri Banyuwangi
8. Polyteknik Negeri Bengkalis
9. Politeknik Negeri Jakarta
10. Politeknik Negeri Samarinda
11. Politeknik Negeri Sriwijaya
12. Universitas Negeri Padang
13. SMKN 5 Banjamasin
14. SMK Pariswisata Metland Bogor
15. STIKI Malang
16. Universitas Tidar
17. Universitas Katolik Widya Mandala Surabaya
18. Universitas Brawijaya Malang
19. Universitas Muhammadiyah Buton
20. Universitas Muhammadiyah Kendari
21. Universitas Muhammadiyah Malang
22. Universitas Muhammadiyah Parepare
23. Universitas Muhammadiyah Pontianak
24. Universitas Muhammadiyah Prof Dr Hamka
25. Universitas Muhammadiyah Purwokerto
26. Universitas PGRI Madiun
27. Universitas Jambi
28. University of Muria Kudus
29. Universitas Sebelas Maret
30. State Polytechnic of Malang
1. Central Luzon State University
2. Don Mariano Marcos Memorial State University
3. Iloilo Science and Technology University
4. Guimaras State College
5. Mariano Marcos State University
6. Nueva Ecija University of Science and Technology
7. Tarlac Agricultural University
8. University of Mindanao
9. Technological Institute of the Philippines
10. President Ramon Magsaysay State University
11. Saint Louis University
12. Northern Iloilo Polytechnic State College
13. Pangasinan State University
14. Dr. Emilio B. Espinosa Sr. Memorial State College of Agriculture and Technology (DEBESMSCAT)
15. Cavite State University Philippines
16. Central Bicol State University of Agriculture
17. Ilocos Sur Polytechnic State College
18. Remnant Institute Inc.
19. Bulacan State University
20. Central Mindanao University
21. Lyceum Northwestern University
22. Bataan Peninsula State University
23. Cantanduanes State University
24. Nueva Viscaya State University
1. Chiang Mai Rajabhat University
2. Pattani Technical College
1. Duy Tan University
2. Academy of Finance
3. Van Lang University
F. Contact Details
Ms Piyapa S.
920 Sukhumvit Road, Klongteuy District, Bangkok, Thailand
Tel: +662 391 0144; Fax: +662 381 2587